Thanks to Icon Films , we have 5 x double passes to give away to LOVE & MERCY – in Australian cinemas from June 25.
The official synopsis is as follows:
We all know the music, but few know the true story of musical genius, Brian Wilson and his struggles with brilliance and balance. LOVE & MERCY paints an unconventional portrait of the artist by interweaving seminal moments from his youth and later life. The role of Brian Wilson is masterfully shared between Paul Dano (12 Years a Slave, Little Miss Sunshine) as the younger, 1960s Brian; and John Cusack (Maps to the Stars, High Fidelity) as Wilson in the 1980s. The film explores the many challenges Brian has faced, both from his point of view in his younger years; and from the perspective of his now wife, Melinda (Elizabeth Banks) when she meets Brian in his 40s and under the questionable medical care of Dr. Eugene Landy (Paul Giamatti). The Beach Boys were already experiencing chart topping success with Surfin’ Safari, I Get Around, Help Me Rhonda, California Girls and Good Vibrations when Brian found himself driven to move in a new musical direction. Whilst this would ultimately lead to the creation of what is widely ranked as one of the greatest albums of all time – Pet Sounds -and songs like
Wouldn’t It Be Nice, Sloop John B and God Only Knows; it also lead to the band breaking up and Brian breaking down.
Check out the An Online Universe review of Love & Mercy here.
Tell us what your favourite Beach Boys song is.
Send your answers, along with your name and postal address to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9pm on Thursday 25 June, 2015.
Check out the terms & conditions of the competition after the jump.
1. By entering this competition you agree to the following conditions
2. Winners are only eligible to win prizes if they are in the age group of the film or television series classification age group.
3. Open to Australian residents only
4. All entrants must answer the question and supply their name and postal address to be eligible to win
5. An Online Universe takes no responsibility for any delay, loss or damage to prizes sent to winners.