Like Father, Like Son – In Australian cinemas April 17
Thanks to Rialto Distribution we have 5 double passes to give away to Like Father, Like Son
Synopsis: The ‘switched at birth’ urban legend and the Nature-vs.-Nurture debate provides, the globally acclaimed director of Nobody Knows, Still Walking and I Wish, Hirokazu Kore-eda with a fresh opportunity to revisit his ongoing preoccupation with family dynamics and parent-child relationships in contemporary Japan. The life of go-getting workaholic architect Ryota—one of comfort and quietly ordered affluence with his wife Midori and son Keita —is violently overturned when hospital administrators reveal the unthinkable: Keita is not his biological son. Due to a mistake made by a negligent nurse, his ‘true’ son has been raised in the dishevelled but warm-hearted home of working-class shopkeeper Yudai and his wife. The different approaches of both couples to their excruciating dilemma and the gradual emotional awakening of the all-too-rational Ryota are at the core of this sensitive drama of family feeling, which showcases Kore-eda’s rich sense of humanity.
For your chance to WIN simply tell us why you want to see Like Father, Like Son. Send all answers, along with your name and postal address to email@example.com by 10am on Thursday 17 April.
Check out the full terms & conditions of the competition after the jump.
1. By entering this competition you agree to the following conditions
2. Winners are only eligible to win prizes if they are in the age group of the film or television series classification age group.
3. Open to Australian residents only
4. All entrants must answer the question and supply their name and postal address to be eligible to win
5. An Online Universe takes no responsibility for any delay, loss or damage to prizes sent to winners.